Aussie Install Write for C8.25??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Aussie Install Write for C8.25???

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
rc76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Aussie Install Write for C8.25???

I am going to be installing my aussie locker into my C8.25 this morning... anyone know of any write ups I can reference? Just want to make sure I will do things right... never went deeper than diff fluid change before.

Thanks!

98 Cherokee Sport- 4.5", AA SYE and TW Shaft, 33" Cooper Discoverer STTs, XCr8000, Jcroffroad Stage 2 Winch Bumper , 60" Hi-lift, Cobra Ultra III, Gragar Soft 8s, Detour Tail Bone, jcr Offroad Stage 2 Sliders, RockCrusher Diff Covers Front, Lockright in the front, Aussie in the Rear (Ford 8.8) with 488s... More $$$ for Bank Account (On Back Order...)

99 Cherokee Sport- Stock and Staying that Way (Wife's DD)

Christian Jeep Group Member #160
rc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
micahtbyrd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a write up that has pics for reference, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...er8.25+install

I have not found a super detailed write up, just read the instructions five times. Thats what i did, also visulize how things are going together, and double check the fit and clearence of all parts. Install will take 2 hours if you have everything close. I love mine good luck. Micah
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
rc76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahtbyrd View Post
Here is a write up that has pics for reference, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...er8.25+install

I have not found a super detailed write up, just read the instructions five times. Thats what i did, also visulize how things are going together, and double check the fit and clearence of all parts. Install will take 2 hours if you have everything close. I love mine good luck. Micah
Thanks! Looking forward to getting this done!
98 Cherokee Sport- 4.5", AA SYE and TW Shaft, 33" Cooper Discoverer STTs, XCr8000, Jcroffroad Stage 2 Winch Bumper , 60" Hi-lift, Cobra Ultra III, Gragar Soft 8s, Detour Tail Bone, jcr Offroad Stage 2 Sliders, RockCrusher Diff Covers Front, Lockright in the front, Aussie in the Rear (Ford 8.8) with 488s... More $$$ for Bank Account (On Back Order...)

Unread 05-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
rc76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm locked.... Thanks for pointing me to the write up... although it must be said... the instruction that come with the Aussie are right on... no "problems"... it took me almost 1.5 hours... although I already had the jeep jacked... tires off and rear diff removed.

Unread 05-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
rc76
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My Aussie received its first beating this weekend... it did well. Very happy to have it in!

At one point I ended up hanging up the rear diff on a stump... and the location gave quickly to the front losing traction... As I was getting a tug back it appears the aussie bound up and let out a loud bang that sound almost like an axle snapped. It was enough to get me to remove the diff cover to inspect things before my ride home... didn;t know if something went in the rear end and things floating around in there. Everything looked good and it appears to be somewhat normal with these as guys in my group who are/have running them have expereinced the same thing.

My buddy who once ran a lockrite ended up doing the same thing. I was warned to watch those 4 little pins... so I will be order an extra set of pins just in case. Would hate to end a weekend/wheeling trip over one (or two) 1/2" pins.

Street manners- Not bad at all. Other than the ratchet sound... not much to report. I do seem to be more careful is cutting short u-turns on tar... not sure if I need to or not...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.