Audio Upgrade Opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Audio Upgrade Opinions

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 01-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #1
cptab

Audio Upgrade Opinions

Help! I have 2012 JGC and am not very happy with the sound. It has the "premium" system, but it seems that the bass in the fronts is muddy and the mids are off. Getting better vocal quality is very difficult, too. Anyway, I visited a number of installers who all have different opinions. Among them two suggested new components speakers up front and coax in rear doors to improve mids. Another options is to have coax in front and back while retaining front door tweets. So after all this research, I'm thoroughly confused so any thoughts or advice are appreciated. Here are some options and feedback is appreciated:

1. Component Alpine or Pioneer in front and coax in back door (both 6.5"); Keep OEM sub enclosure but insert new sub (if swapping possible); 5ch Amp (Alpine, ARC or Kenwood).; AudioControl EQS equalizer for front, back and sub; keep /cargo area tweeters and single center dash speaker and let them run off factory amp.

The other options:
2. 6x9 Rockford Fosgate 2way coax speaker up front while retaining stock door tweeters. Same brand but 6.5 in rear. Amp and AuioControl as above.

3. Any aftermarket coax in front and rear (stated above) with no amp; JBL sound processor to handle most of the speakers; stock sub. Alternative is to just use the sound processor and have installer adjust them for starters.

cptab is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.