ATTENTION, and WELCOME new members - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > ATTENTION, and WELCOME new members

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-03-2007, 05:53 AM   #1
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

ATTENTION, and WELCOME new members

Welcome to the world of XJ ownership. This site is pretty newb friendly so don't be afraid to ask questions. We do encourage people to use the search feature though.

The search feature only reads a minimum of 4 characters. Use the * as a space filler. So if you are asking about a TPS sensor, you will use " TPS* sensor " when you search.

A huge part of helping you guys diagnose issues and help with axle identification and lift help is to know some info on your vehicle. Please take the time to editted your USR info and specifically your "Profile". It will give important info like year, engine, transmission, and transfer case. You can also add the axles you have inthere as well as other mods or doo dads you have.

Again, welcome to the board!

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Repost! Come on balloo, if you would have searched, you would have seen that you posted this a year ago.
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Ha ha--perhaps it should be posted *daily*.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
trailblaze
2004 WJ 

newb friendly??? since when haha...

welcome to the site.
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

hey B, would you happen to need more links with pictures to address axle ID? i have several pages that you may be interested in putting in the TECH/FAQ sticky. Let me know.

welcome newbs

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblaze
newb friendly??? since when haha...

welcome to the site.

Well, compared to JU, NAXJA, or Pirate.... I think we're friendly

Specs in Profile.

Unread 12-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
hey B, would you happen to need more links with pictures to address axle ID? i have several pages that you may be interested in putting in the TECH/FAQ sticky. Let me know.

welcome newbs

-Kyle

Sure, PM the links and I'll add them.

Specs in Profile.

Unread 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

JF is the mostest friendlyest place on the whole wide interweb

but noobies are just going to happen

Just remember we all start somewhere and the big shots just dont remember when they asked for a body lift for there XJ
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick
JF is the mostest friendlyest place on the whole wide interweb

but noobies are just going to happen

Just remember we all start somewhere and the big shots just dont remember when they asked for a body lift for there XJ

not that im a big shot, but i remember asking about a body lift at one point...lol
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyohn
not that im a big shot, but i remember asking about a body lift at one point...lol
Ha ha--IIRC, one of my first questions was about the viscous coupler in my 242 xfer case
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #11
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyohn
Lets just say I was old and wise enough to know my XJ has a unibody when I bought it and body lifts even on a rig with a frame are not "cool".

But I also knew when I bought it I had not a clue on how to do anything more then bolt on and off stock parts.

That is why I got online and the first place I sign up on was JF.com

Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
n20jeep
Web Wheeler
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thank you for the welcome...
n20jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
ElPaca19

This place is friendly, not like anyone ever argues just to argue on JF. Everyone is always as nice as they can be treating everyone with Kid gloves.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco
Ha ha--IIRC, one of my first questions was about the viscous coupler in my 242 xfer case
That's pretty technical though, even if you were way off.
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

My contribution to this thread:

and yes its a REPOST (get over it)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.