Attention New Members!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Attention New Members!!!!!!!!!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Attention New Members!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Jeepforum. Hopefully you will find everything you need here. Great bunch of XJ owners we have here and they will help you as best they can.

Please do use the search feature, but don't worry too much about asking questions. We consider our board to be very user friendly to new owners.

I would also ask that you include the year, model, engine, transmission, and rear axle in your sig, or better yet in your profile under your User CP info.

This will help the members of the board better isolate issues common or options limitted to certain years and models.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

bump for the afternoon.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thanks! where can i get a body lift for my XJ?
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinUpXJ
thanks! where can i get a body lift for my XJ?
Yeah, and how big a tire can I fit with no lift?
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

do I need to trim for 37's and RE 4.5?

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
sundevilkid
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You guys, it's probably a good idea to create a new thread with these questions. Otherwise they won't get looked at or answered since this thread was directed at new users. If you have questions about the thread topic like how to setup your cp or edit your sig, those are good questions here. But every new topic should be under a new thread. As Balloo said, the search is always a good feature. Post your new thread but sometimes you get your answers faster by doing searches on keywords for your topic.

EDIT: wow I feel dumb... I just re-read who was posting these questions...
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
Cody_00_XJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

shouldnt this get stikied?
Cody_00_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevilkid
You guys, it's probably a good idea to create a new thread with these questions. Otherwise they won't get looked at or answered since this thread was directed at new users. If you have questions about the thread topic like how to setup your cp or edit your sig, those are good questions here. But every new topic should be under a new thread. As Balloo said, the search is always a good feature. Post your new thread but sometimes you get your answers faster by doing searches on keywords for your topic.

man after sitting in class all day sick, this made me laugh, awesome
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevilkid

Well, i thought you were acting out the part with them lol. You know like "now guys dont do that" kind of stuff. Like giving the new members an example or something.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
sundevilkid
1996 XJ Cherokee 

darn, i shoulda just gone with it then... saved some face at least.

Oh well. I was working til 3 am this morning and I had to be in at 7, so yeah... it's been a long day.
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
Arawn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'd just like to point out I had no idea I could add info about my rig into the User CP until this post. Useful stuff!
Arawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ok guys, But I think Balloo was trying to be serious and both help the new guys and let them know that this is a good safe place to ask questions.

I might add that in addition to doing a search that our new members should look through the stickies. Heck even us old members use the info in them. Most of the time if your needing lift/tire info you will find a combo that you are looking at in the XJ lift set up sticky. There is also great information in the stock spec and tech link stickies.

Balloo , I was wondering if we could get this pic showing only the D-35, D-44 and 8.25. under the axle part of the stock spec for easy id for new members as which rear axle do I have comes up often.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #13
GOKUSXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

to the forum new ones
XJ Body Lift Owner #2

High threshold to pain
Rustys 4.5 33 12.50's Pacer 15x10 soft 8's
GOKUSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #14
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv
Ok guys, But I think Balloo was trying to be serious and both help the new guys and let them know that this is a good safe place to ask questions.

I might add that in addition to doing a search that our new members should look through the stickies. Heck even us old members use the info in them. Most of the time if your needing lift/tire info you will find a combo that you are looking at in the XJ lift set up sticky. There is also great information in the stock spec and tech link stickies.

Balloo , I was wondering if we could get this pic showing only the D-35, D-44 and 8.25. under the axle part of the stock spec for easy id for new members as which rear axle do I have comes up often.

Chris

that pic is in the stickies somewhere, i remeber seeing it when i looked through it today
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #15
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kzv

Chris
SOmeone should put up a stick about "what axle do i have?" with that photo and what not explaining each one.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.