ATK engines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > ATK engines

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
mudrunnerxj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ATK engines

Ok, so i have done some looking because i have a lower end knock in my current engine that the shop had diagnosed as a loose/failed bearing and in the near future i will need a rebuild or a swap. So my question is has anyone had any experience with ATK and their engines? Also there is a guy willing to sell an inline 6 right near me for $700 with around 65000 miles. Is that a good price?

mudrunnerxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Is it a long block, short block? Does the engine come with exhaust manifold, head, valve cover, distributor, water pump, etc?
nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I had an ATK engine installed in my 1992 Caprice police package. It was a great engine, with great customer service, a great price, and a great warranty.

I've not had any experiance with their Chrysler motors. I bought my engine back in 2001. It was an L05 police-spec'd L05 350 V8, long block assembly, 3 year/75,000 mile warranty, free shipping, and a $300 core charge. In all, it cost me $2100 to buy the engine and have it installed with new water pump and hoses.

It appears on the 'net that they have changed their website around and have bought another company or something. Used to you could go right online and use the catalog to shop.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.