anyone running retreaded tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > anyone running retreaded tires?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
xjay73

anyone running retreaded tires?

I always see ads in 4wheeling mags for retreaded tires for cheap$$$$.I went on www.high-tec-retreading.com and they claim their tires are very reliable and cheap.$47 for 31x10.5 mud terrains.Anyone used them before?

Unread 03-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
xjeeper04

Great tires, Ive got a set they have about 10,000 on them now and there great. I have the p235 ORT tires, they are very good in the mud and really good in the soupy stuff. I havent had them on any rock so I wouldn't know. You really can't even tell that they are retreads.....the truth is I really can't say enough about these tires
Performance Exhaust system

Last edited by xjeeper04; 03-01-2004 at 11:03 AM..
xjeeper04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

I was researching in retreads but it seems like its something mostly done in the south. I guess maybe do to the hot roads. I want to a truck tire place cause I know they do re-treads there but nothing like muds or close to my size. I've head pretty good reviews on retreads to, so if your close to a place that does it, then I'd do it. I'd have to pay shipping, so I'd be better off just buying new tires.

FYI: if your looking for cheap mud tires, check out Kumho muds, they are cheap and a great tire all around. KUMHOs on Tire Rack
Unread 03-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
asatxj
2001 WJ 

I have 235 at's. I did have a problem with one and it was replaced after I emailed a pic and confirmed it on the phon. OTT they go well in sand, snow and mud. Wear quite well. I'll do the green diamonds for winter tires agian. BTW my 235's are 29.5 inches tall!! They are basically a 30x9!
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #5
xjeeper04

Yeah my 235's are also 30 inches tall....but this place is in edgemond S.D. my tires cost 200 buck not shipped but shipped to my front door(in Omaha Nebraska) was like 225.00.....go onto google and and search "high tech retreads" that should bring it up!
Performance Exhaust system
xjeeper04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #6
madrabbitt

the ambulance company i used to work for bought retreds from high-tec. No problems for the most part.

I've seriously consitered gettting some from them.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #7
Rufies97XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay73
I always see ads in 4wheeling mags for retreaded tires for cheap$$$$.I went on www.high-tec-retreading.com and they claim their tires are very reliable and cheap.$47 for 31x10.5 mud terrains.Anyone used them before?

I those exact tires. love them!
Can not beat them for the price. 6k miles so far and no problems!

Do it.. $260 for 4...

I am looking to get my spare soon.

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64226]Cherokee of the Month[/URL]
Rufies97XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2004, 08:08 PM   #8
namtrah
2004 WJ 

Budget minded tire shopper

I did a search of threads about retread tires an specifically the Hi-Tec Retreads. So far from what I see on the website and the rave reviews, I am sold on the idea. I cannot use the Microsoft outlook on these damn govt pcs, so does anyone know the email address otherwise to this business? How much should a guy expect to get 4-5 tires shipped to his door?
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
asatxj
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp_of_Fire
I did a search of threads about retread tires an specifically the Hi-Tec Retreads. So far from what I see on the website and the rave reviews, I am sold on the idea. I cannot use the Microsoft outlook on these damn govt pcs, so does anyone know the email address otherwise to this business? How much should a guy expect to get 4-5 tires shipped to his door?
IIRC I $15 per tire from SD to MI If you live in a "snow" belt pay the xtra cash for "green diamonds" they generally have more of them in stock than "regulars"
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #10
namtrah
2004 WJ 

Green Diamonds???

What do you mean by Green Diamonds? I do not see anything like that listed???
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #11
Rufies97XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp_of_Fire
How much should a guy expect to get 4-5 tires shipped to his door?

I paid $260 for 4. Shipped to my door.

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64226]Cherokee of the Month[/URL]
Rufies97XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2004, 02:14 PM   #12
namtrah
2004 WJ 

Green Diamonds

I found out what green diamonds are, traction particles added to the compound. Sounds like a slick idea. I received a quote right away after I emailed him. I'll be buying a set soon. Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.