Anyone have a writeup for removing the TC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Anyone have a writeup for removing the TC?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
jeepfever87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a writeup for removing the TC?

I'm getting ready to pull my TC and basically have no idea what i'm doing. Anyone have any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl
What's the point in having adjustable headrests if ya strap them down? (It's like a girl doing that to her um ... dubble_D's. )
jeepfever87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
98FleXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i dont have a write up but i can tell you step by step what you need to do..

okay first you need to undo the linkages to the 4wd, take off front and rear driveshafts, and the three connectors on the t-case its self, after you have all of that done remove the four bolts in the middle of the t-case cross member then jack up the transmission pan with a jack and a block of wood (to distribute the weight evenly), un bolt the tc skid and put aside for later re install. okay now unbolt the trans mount and now your going to want to drop down the t-case by lowering the jack(so you have more room to get a wrench in up there on the top bolts of the t-case Hint Shorty ratchet wrenches are great for this task. un bolt the 6 bolts on the t-case and slide it off. its not heavy weights about 70 pounds, oh yeah i almost forgot drain the fluild out before doing all of the above. then to reinstall just do everything in reverse.
98FleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Paul_C
2000 XJ Cherokee 

http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8549

Oops, not a full removal, but it will get you close.

Last edited by Paul_C; 11-02-2007 at 07:19 PM..
Paul_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.