Anybody with Rusty 4.5 150 lb coils - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Anybody with Rusty 4.5 150 lb coils

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Highway 4x4
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody with Rusty 4.5 150 lb coils

Anybody here useing the Rusty 4.5 150 pound springs? Any good? Soft ride? How much actual lift? These are about the softest rated springs I have seen and are cheeper and easier than drop brackets to get a softer ride with lift.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Those coils ride nice and flex well when paired with a good set of shocks, but 4.5" on shortarms is gonna ride stiff no matter what coils and shocks you use. I don't know if the softer coils will benefit you enough to make them worthwhile. If you are running the RE coils that are in your profile it is likely that you won't see any improvement. I would look into a set of drop brackets or the RC longarm upgrade. Either of those will give you a huge improvement.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Highway 4x4
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have the RE 4.5 170 pound coils, get about 5.5 in lift, JKS adj lowers, OME nitro charger shocks, all good but stiff. Probably like you said about the short arms and lift. Thinking of adj uppers to position the ft axel back out where it belongs, just don't want to rub when tire is flexed up into fender.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.