Another high output alternator quesrion.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Another high output alternator quesrion....

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #31
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Optima used to be the best, but Sears Diehard Platinum is the next generation of AGM battery.

It's really no contest which is better when you compare specs, warranty, and prices.

Check out this link to see what is said in other threads on this forum and other forums.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...rp.2NQF05kxQbc

Charley3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
HiDefXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Greeeeeaaaaatttt!
Now if I can just figure out how to pitch this battery to the mrs!
HiDefXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #33
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefXJ View Post
Greeeeeaaaaatttt!
Now if I can just figure out how to pitch this battery to the mrs!
Regarding Sears Diehard Platinum battery:

It's a waste of money to buy one now, if your stock battery is still good.

But when your stock battery needs replacing, then getting a SDP in size Group 65 or Group 34 makes sense financially, as well as for superior performance and warranty.

It will be easy to convince her when your stock battery is failing and you need a replacemnent.

I'm not upgrading my XJ to SDP G65 until my stock battery dies.

---

I did the upgrade on my LJ and it was great, though I installed a Ford Super Duty battery tray to do it, and that was a pain, but it ended up a great mod. My cousin helped me with install Super Duty tray.

My cousin put a SDP G-65 in his XJ. He says it was easy since all he had to do was some grinding on stock battery tray.

---

A SDP G34 will probably start a 4L gas engine on any Winter day since it is the most powerful G34 you can buy.

I guarantee a SDP G65 will start a 4L gas engine on any Winter day. One of these batteries can start a 6L diesel on any Winter day down to 8 degrees F. My cousin has done so many times. Two of these batteries can start a 6L diesel engine at way below zero F.

If you buy a SDP you will be happy.

The SDP G34 offers convenient bolt in install.

The larger SDP G65 offer ultimate power, and costs the same, but requires 45 min time to remove battery tray, grind of lip off both ends, spray paint, then reinstall battery tray.
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #34
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Regarding the high output alternator the fella on Amazon or Ebay (don't remember which) makes and sells.

He takes Durango alternators and modifies them to put out more amps. I think I recall they were a 170 or 180 amp alternator for $250 with a warranty.

He sells them to owners of Durango, TJ, XJ, and maybe some years of Grand Cherokees too.

I'm sorry I don't recall more details. It was 2 years ago when I saw his webpage. Some one at a forum recommended it to me for my LJ.

I didn't buy one because I didn't need to upgrade, but if I needed an upgrade, this is the one I'd get. Maybe I'll toss one in my XJ.

I recall his alternators had higher reviews than Green.

Also, his alternators are American made and American modified.
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Id do a big 3 look it up. also updating the alt I'll give you a like after I find it. You can call DC car audio I think they make amps can get 200amp or even more
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #36
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you want both seriously high output and great quality check out Mechman.
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #37
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
If you want both seriously high output and great quality check out Mechman.
Yes mechman is good there's another one to
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #38
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Yes mechman is good there's another one to
If you wanting to shop and look around for deals you can good car audio alts they will know alot more and have nord experience. First thing I would do is change all the wires on the charging system to 0g. Also clean grounds and such. Its really easy to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.