Another extended idle question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Another extended idle question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Dohc91gli
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Another extended idle question

Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but Ive read most of the threads I can find on multiple sites. None have answered this question.

I'm wondering if all the 97-01 XJ's are completely wired and have the plug behind the switch bezel regardless of being for police/forest service duty? Or are ONLY the forest service and police XJ's wired completely and have the switch? I ask because Id rather tap into the plug behind the bezel, or TRY to source a switch than have to run wires from the PCM all the way to the inside and behind the dash.

Thanks for any insight.

Dohc91gli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The power lead will terminate near the firewall on the engine side of the firewall. You're going to need to run your own wire to the dashboard.
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Dohc91gli
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm assuming it will just be a dead end wire folded back on the loom? gray in color?
Dohc91gli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That I don't know - but it is gray and you can track it from the front connector by the air box back.

This is a very good thread on a 2nd generation XJ installation.

This is a long thread right here on JF

I'm collecting parts for an ac to OBA conversion and will be using this as opposed to a manual throttle cable.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.