Another alternator question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Another alternator question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 07-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Another alternator question

I know, I know. Someone is going to get all upset with me and tell me to search and whatever but I have searched this forum, CF, NAXJA, you name it.

I got an alternator for a 99 Dakota 2.5L which is rated for 136 amps. I have been told by many that I don't really need to upgrade the wiring, especially since almost every light bulb in my XJ is now LED. and I run a 300 watt amp for my sub.

I have a 99 XJ 4.0L, and I can't get this damn thing in. Basically the stock one barely got out and I took the whole bracket out found what I needed to grind down, and now I'm wondering two things.

1) Do i really need the wiring upgrade? I mean it only produces 136 amps when I "need" it too.

2) how the heck did you guys get yours in place. Pictures speak a thousand words for me.

Once again, thanks for the advice. And yes I am continuing to search.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.