all four power windows wont work can any one help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > all four power windows wont work can any one help

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
apalmer

all four power windows wont work can any one help

ive already posted a couple times but i guess i didnt do it right. sorry i am new.
but i have a 1992 jeep Cherokee Laredo and in February my fuel pump went out, so i had to get a new one put in. and ever since then my power windows wont work. my power locks work but not any of the windows. ive been told id have a better chance at getting struck by lightening than to have all my motors go out in each door. which makes since. ive taken it to a couple places and they dont know what could be wrong. ive had my fuses checked and i also visually checked the wires in the crack of the door and they all look fine. i took the driver door apart to look at everything also and it all looks fine. im just lost as to what to check next.

apalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You are going to need a wiring diagram for your year, and a VOM to trace where you loose the 12V feed from the fuse to the switch assy in the driver's door.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!

For Sale to Good Home---2000 XJ Factory Service Manual (Printed Version) PM for details.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalmer View Post
ive already posted a couple times
At least 3 threads so far.

Welcome to the forum...

Here's how it works. You post once for the single problem, someone answers, you answer, someone else answers etc. etc. thereby keeping the thread going.

Please don't start a new thread everytime...and use the search tool...and as far as the problem goes I don't have power anything so I dunno

Thanks.
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
apalmer

well then i really didnt need any input from you then did i?
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
no5son1962
1995 ZJ 

The problem is likely to be in the driver door area. Maybe a bad switch, a broke wire, or bad connection. I would focus in the driver door area and the wires in the door jam. They tend to break there. AZ Jeff post #2 has good advice. A wireing diagram would make it easier. Some jeeps have a window lockout button that tend to fail. I am not sure what years. If it is the lockout button the windows still work with the driver controls.
Unread 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
apalmer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.