Airbag question and a distributor modification question! (i searched) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Airbag question and a distributor modification question! (i searched)

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Airbag question and a distributor modification question! (i searched)

Anyone know what generation the 1996 single air bag is? is it Gen 1? Im just curious because i dont want the killbag to decapitate me, because if thats the case ill go order a nice new steering wheel from quadratec with the fancy little jeep horn button

Also the distributor mod, a buddy of mines father who owns a shop and such was helping me fix my jeep the other day, and was telling me about chopping off the ears on the distributor or something along the line of that, basically u can pivot it to gain more hp or some crap like that, anyone have ANY idea of what hes talking about and could fill me in? would love to know more!

And, thanks for reading all this crap.

C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Stengah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I think first generation air bags were installed in vehicles until 1998, so if that's the case, then yes, your '96 has a first gen. air bag.

If you're not a smaller guy and you sit farther away from the wheel then a woman would, you should actually be okay. The air bag will still deploy with much greater force than a gen 2 bag would, but it shouldn't kill you, if that's any consolation.
Unread 05-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

haha well thanks, makes me feel a little better still debating on selling it or something along the lines of that, anyone know of the modifications i am trying to figure out?
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.