Air Raid w/spacer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Air Raid w/spacer

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-12-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
Musa

Air Raid w/spacer

Does anybody use this setup in their jeep and if so is it worth it? (i.e. have you noticed increased hp?) I'm deciding if I should buy it.

Musa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Mat&His97XJ

I tried to get an airraid for my 97 cherokee and they didnt have one. well, they sold me one here locally and it ended up being backwards and the tube bent the wrong way. it was made for the engine on one of the open tops actually come to find out. Also, I fopund the K&N kit I bought combined with a TBS sat too high for my hood to close and I had to trim the plastic intake and the silicone hose that sets over the throttle body, but zI guess it works.
Unread 03-13-2002, 09:49 AM   #3
Musa

Have you noticed a significant gain in hp? My '99 Cherokee is an automatic.
Musa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2002, 04:13 PM   #4
Mat&His97XJ

NO
Unread 04-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #5
boozehound

I got a helix spacer with rusty's air intake and K&N. Noticed a HUGE difference. I put the K&N/tube on first, wiht a noticable increase in throttle response off the line. Gass m.p.g's maybe 10 miles/tank. The helix, however, was big time. nice, solid throttle response throughout the powerband, and a big increase in mpg's (about 2-3 mpg's)!! i really could not believe it, only drawback is my jeep now sounds like a freakin' F16 jet. Hated it at first, kinda think it's cool now!! The rusty's kit is like $30, so was the filter, and the helix I got for $50. Worth the $$$!!!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.