Adding leafs to 4.5" lift spring pack? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Adding leafs to 4.5" lift spring pack?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Admiral_Doom

Adding leafs to 4.5" lift spring pack?

Hey guys, got a weird question. I recently put on a 6" lift kit I got secondhand. Problem is, the PO used 2" blocks with 4.5" spring packs, and the passenger side is sagging almost an inch due to axle wrap. I got 2" lift shackles to replace the blocks. My question is...can I use a leaf or 2 from an S10 pack to compensate? I know about bastard packs but I want to know if S10 leaves have the correct arch to correct my saggy spring. If it is possible, should I use the full length leaf or one of the smaller ones? Thanks in advance!

Admiral_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Probably the main spring would add an inch...

you'd have to play around with it and see. Which aftermarket leaf springs are they?

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
Admiral_Doom

The PO said they were RE but can't be sure
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would try adding in the main leaf cut to fit, or the second leaf where it would fit in the pack and see what happens.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
justanotherjpr

It will be a bit of a mix and match trial and error to get it where you want, but it should work.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Admiral_Doom

Cool! Thanks guys! Ill report on how it goes, probably gonna try next weekend
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I'm with justanotherjpr on this one. I added the lower 3 from a 6" to another 6" in place of its bottum 2 I gained 1.5 inches
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.