AC question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > AC question

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
mollydodger
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

AC question

Last year I installed a NEW compressor, orifice tube, drier etc. Complete new install including a thorough flush. Added oil to Jeep specs and had refrigerant charged by local shop. Ran fine until this week when temps got up to 95. The comp cycles off/on. It still cools fine but can't figure out why it cycles off/on. I had the shop put guages on it yesterday and they say the refrigerant pressures both high and low sides are good. Could I have a bad relay??

mollydodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cycling is normal under certain conditions. What are your vent air temperatures and under what ambient conditions? Tell us that, and I can tell you if the system is operating as expected.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.