ac/heater problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > ac/heater problem

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-10-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
joe86

ac/heater problem

my ac/heater is acting weird and i cant find the problem. heater and ac works but it just stays on the window defrost setting. when i move the lever (to heat,vent, bi-lev, etc.) it just stays on defrost. i pulled the control panel out and took everythin apart thinkin it was a bad electrical connection or sumthin but everythin looked good. could my puddle jumpin last weekend caused this even tho this problem started about 2 days ago?

joe86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Check the vacuum bulb behind the bumper. Make sure the lines are tight on it. Trace the lines up and feel for damage to them.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
rstarch345

If you don't find any problems with the vacuum lines, check the operation of the blend door under the dash. It uses a vacuum actuator and they can go bad.
'71 M151
I'm a proud member of MyUniBody
rstarch345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
joe86

thanks guys. ill check those right now
joe86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
jersey_jim
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i had the same problem, on the vac line that goes into the firewall... on that T connector, the line that came off the bottem and went into the firwall, if it was pushed onto the T connector too much it woldnt work, if i pulled it down a bit, the heater/ A/C worked fine on all the settings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.