AC Delete & Heater Core Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > AC Delete & Heater Core Replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

AC Delete & Heater Core Replacement

As much as I really really don't want to do this mod, the smell of coolant in the cabin and 95 degree days making the engine want to kill itself seems to force my hand.

Now the question is, from what I've read online, the evap and the heater core are in the same box/area. Can I remove the evap and have no worries after it's out? Or will I need to find a way to brace the heater core?

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
SuperSam
2000 XJ Cherokee 

From what I remember of mine, yes you can.

Its not hard, it just takes time. Give yourself at least a full day to do it and get some more weather stripping to seal everything back up while you're in there
hvac-box-open1.jpg  
SuperSam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
SuperSam
2000 XJ Cherokee 

heater core goes in the red circle
SuperSam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.