AC compressor question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > AC compressor question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

AC compressor question

While doing my rebuild, I left the AC system intact. I had the ac compressor off to the side. The next day I saw that there was a fair amount of green dye/oil coming out of the front of the compressor.

My questions are- Can I run the engine with the ac off?

Is it time for a new compressor?

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Its time for a new AC compressor, if you want AC. You can still run it that way if you don't use your AC. Just make sure the bearing is smooth and has no slop and you should be good to go.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.