99 XJ Wrecked. "BigRed" Project. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 99 XJ Wrecked. "BigRed" Project.

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

99 XJ Wrecked. "BigRed" Project.

Got in a wreck 2 weeks ago and i feel its the right time to start my build. Need a full front clip,Passenger Side Fender, Bumper and brackets. ( im a beginner, so any help or tips would be much appreciated) : Here is what i've done to it already. 3' rough country lift, magnaflow catback exhaust, 31' dunlop radial mud rover tires, and Basic tuneups as needed. First step is ordering the front clip, which im doing as we speak.
fucked-up-jeep.jpeg

jeep-accident-highway.jpg

brettster323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I wrecked my first 01 limited when I was 18. Basically the same damage, heck both headlights were still intact, one was just hanging out. Anyways my dad wanted it gone and ive always regretted it. Oh well ive moved on to bigger and better things
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

haha im just happy i didn't wreck it any worse than this. i just got a 96 jeep cherokee classic as a "clunker" trade in at work. Would that front clip and passenger side fender fit my 99? and i can take the A/C system out of it and put it in "bigred" since mine doesn't work. but u think the clip and fender would fit? or should i just get the 99 front clip
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Easy fix. I did literally the exact same damage to mine in an accident.

New Grill
New Header Panel
New Headlight
New Marker Light
New Bumper
New Fender
New Hood

Look for partouts or hit the JYs, you'll find it all. You could fix that for less than $1k including new paint done professionally.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

awesome! i think my hood is fine, still opens and closes and no damage done to it. and since im going to be working on this with my buds at the shop ( im a mechanic in training and my buds are 15+ year experienced techs) are there any beneficial engine or body work that i could do aswell ? since im gunna be taking everything off of "BigRed" anyway haha.
Unread 09-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

starting body work once i get the front clip hopefully this week. heres a pic of what "BigRed" looked like before the accident. dont worry, im gunna make it 1000X better than before
jeep-photography.jpg  
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Getting the Front clip & Fender today, gotta get the body pulled. once all thats said and done looking into aftermarket bumper, any suggestions ?
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ive got damage in the same area. Where are you in NJ?
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Passaic County. And Just got the parts in today! gotta wait for my buddy to help me out with the Frame Machine to pull and make everything straight. then the work will begin! $419 that includes shipping. not a bad deal if ya ask me haha.
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
brettster323
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well sorry for not updating yall at all lately. Very aggrivated. Well i went to instal my new headlight assembly and old one that didn't get damaged from the wreck. little did i know someone at the shop took all my "trashed" parts and threw them out. Including all headlight adjusting screws, 2 springs, and 12 white clips. went to local jeep to find out the springs are no longer made, and the adjusting screws would take a week to get there. but i got them in today along with New front pads,rotors, and rear drums. ill post pics as soon as its all done

Tags
build , jeep xj , project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.