99 xj thrust bearing fitment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 99 xj thrust bearing fitment

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
ryguy0019
1999 XJ Cherokee 

99 xj thrust bearing fitment

So i replaced my clutch in my 99 xj over the weekend, and the diameter of the thrust bearing that came with my clutch kit was much too big, and there was excessive slop. I bought a second thrust bearing while the tranny was dropped, however it too did not fit properly on the input shaft. The old thrust bearing hadn't been noticeably noisy or causing vibration so i choose to put the old one back on.

Low and behold now its making noise/vibration and i dont expect it to last too long

My questions are: Is the diameter of the input shaft for my 1999 ax15 smaller? And where can i buy an OEM style thrust bearing rather than these aftermaket plastic bodied ones that dont seem to fit properly on the input shaft.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.