99 xj studders on take off. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 99 xj studders on take off.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
It's funny you said that. I actually traded my R6 for the xj.
Too funny ... I got my jeep for a trade too ..... It was a good choice ...love the jeep ... I go doorless and its fun .... And I'm still alive (I get a little crazy on the bike ).

Hooya xj

Unread 12-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
You are correct. I think it is about a 3 inch lift. There's no t case drop. The previous owner cut out the fender wells and installed flares so its really hard for me to tell. The angle of the driveline doesn't look to bad to me. I guess me best bet is to get it inside this weekend and just spend some time crawling around under it. I don't really care much for crawling around in the snow if I don't have to.
Sorry, there's another way to measure but I don't remember the specs or the technique. I THINK it's from the top of the axle housing to the "frame rail" but if that's right, I don't know the distance.

As for the drive line angles, the pinion should be pointing up at the same angle that the t-case is pointing down. BUT, if the drive shaft itself is more than 6*?, 10*? greater than either end, it can cause vibrations.
Read here for accurate info http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...FixingProblems
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.