99 XJ "amythyst" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 99 XJ "amythyst"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

99 XJ "amythyst"

Okay so heres the start of my build thread, im placing an order next thursday for this http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

I will order that kit with there SYE(nothackntap) and ss brake lines.. I couldn't find too much review wise on this company but what i did come by was all positive. Currently my suspension sags and i need new tires, didnt want to waste a grand on another pair of 29's.
Also the front grill, hood, roof , and a back panel on both ends are getting de rustified(i make up terms) and professionally sprayed.

Can anyone recommend some decent D spoke steelies?

Current setup,

image-43137095.jpg

In about 3 weeks ill post pics after the lift with my stock wheels and about a month after that with some new shoes! Was looking at yokohama geolander at in a 33, also interested in going firestone but have to research more first!

Floreancig_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
sweenepj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 51 wheels. They're pretty cheap, D spoke steel wheels. So far so good.
sweenepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

NEW QUESTION

Do all 1999 jeep cherokees with the ax15 have an 8.25 rear end??? Read that somewhere but cannot confirm through search
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bump anyone?
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Not sure if you have ordered your lift or not. My son bought the IronRock 6.5 long arm kit. Everything was OK for a week. One of the rear spring started sagging bad. For them to warranty the part he had to remove it, send it in, wait for a ruling. Then they would ship. Three week ordeal. Otherwise you would have to purchase a new spring then send in your original.

I even called them myself and discussed it nicely. I was told they don't bend the rules. It is a crap rule.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks and no im planning on ordering on the morrow, hope i dont hve any problems.. Have about 1400 to spend including shipping, if any recommendations that are similar, anything but RC
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

update *

Getting a paint job on thursday, reapplying the original amethyst colour, no more rust and brand new looking jeep, very excited !!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.