Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

99 cherokee sport, thinking of the RE 2" lift w/ wheels/tires

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jon00XJ 
#1 ·
i've searched the threads but to no avail..............

i'm thinking of the RE6160 2" lift kit, and the cragar soft 8's, what tires will DEFINATELY not rub? this is pretty much a cosmetic upgrade, no real rough wheelin, just general hauling and mild off-road stuff...........i'm partial to the firestone destination M/T's, but if there are other suggestions or negative opinions of these tires, let me know!

peace

#2 ·
#3 ·
You could go with 30x9.5's and you would be fine. You may get minor rubbing but its not going to tear your tires or Jeep apart. I had a buddy who ran 30x9.5's stock with no issues. Especially where you aren't wheeling the snot out of it. BTW the firestone mt's are nice I have a buddy with them on his chevy and he loves them. A bit pricey but a nice tire.

#4 ·
30x9.5's will fit nicely. You wont rub at all on the street but if you pull the sway bar you might rub a little off road. You could fix that with some bump stops.

#6 ·
sweet guys thanks...............any similar tires to the firestone destination M/T's for less? you guys know better about these things than i do...........maybe a tire/wheel package somewhere?

#10 ·
My buddy just bought a set of 30.9.5's for his stock ZJ I believe he bought Rugged Trail he says they are pretty good and he likes them I thik he paid 300 for all 4

Not the BFGoodWrench Rugged trail T/A's these are Mudd Terrians im trying to figure out who makes them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.