98 XJ w/AAL rear & front w/old spacers - sitting about 1.5" lower than rear.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 98 XJ w/AAL rear & front w/old spacers - sitting about 1.5" lower than rear..

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
ciguchi

98 XJ w/AAL rear & front w/old spacers - sitting about 1.5" lower than rear..

As mentioned, I've got new AALs in the back and old spacers on original coils in the front. The rear sits at about 21" and the front around 19.5". This is my daily driver, so I don't want to/can't afford anything too crazy right now, but eventually when I get a new vehicle I do plan to put new 3" leafs in the back and new coils up front. What I'm wondering now is given how it currently sits (front lower than rear), what is my best option to level things out without having to do much else (Adj. LCAs, etc)? Also, I'm not really sure if I go the route of new, taller spacers over the original coils or if there is a coil someone can recommend that will put the Jeep to the same level all around. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

K&N w/Rusty's Air Tube and Flowmaster 40 series muffler
Yakima rack
ciguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Install a 1.5" coil spring spacer. The coils need to be removed to install a spacer. Spacers are about $45 and new 3" taller coils are about $100.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
ciguchi

Thanks. I'm wondering if it would be smarter to do 3" coils now knowing that eventually I'm going to go bigger in the back? And then if need be I could add spacers over those coils eventually. So do you think given where I sit in the back now the 3" coils will level it out? Are LCAs necessary with that set up?
K&N w/Rusty's Air Tube and Flowmaster 40 series muffler
Yakima rack
ciguchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.