98 Green XJ - Daily Driver Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 98 Green XJ - Daily Driver Build

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #121
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
I love your quarter panel guards, I want to get a set so bad.

I really like them too, I have been really impressed with the quality of jcrs stuff. I'm going to order sliders, gas tank skid and rear bumper when I get my tax return I think. I sent them a few email with a question but never heard back, but I still love their stuff. You should get em

Unread 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #122
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
Thats a pretty awesome idea....

how does it fit up as far as the glass is concerned? do they overlap? ie is it as simple as cutting off the bottom of the hatch and making the seam look nice?
or were you planning on chopping the whole back of the xj anyway?
I'm not sure to be honest, I did read they may overlap. I'm just going to take the lift gate off and just use the tailgate .. I'm itching to put that thing on
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #123
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedballin View Post
^^ x2 looks sweet man
Thanks man I think I spend all my money on my jeep Lol ...
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #124
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just read thru your whole build so far.
Nicely done on everything, especially the attention to the mechanical side of things.
BTW....dude....that video of you guys thrashing that minivan in the woods....FRICKIN HILARIOUS!!!
Takes me back to my 20's.... I miss those days. (good times!)
Keep up the good work. I'm anxious to see the evolution of this build.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #125
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
Just read thru your whole build so far.
Nicely done on everything, especially the attention to the mechanical side of things.
BTW....dude....that video of you guys thrashing that minivan in the woods....FRICKIN HILARIOUS!!!
Takes me back to my 20's.... I miss those days. (good times!)
Keep up the good work. I'm anxious to see the evolution of this build.
thanks man .... Yea that vid is sooo funny ... I bought that mini van for 75$ ..... I have got lucky and got a few junk cars to trash, but that's the only good video I have.

Last time I scored a Toyota tercel for 200, I brought it out to wheel it and had it parked next to my xj. Some guys heard us laughing about trashing this car and he's looking at it and says ..... Damn you scored that piece of **** jeep for 200, that's going to be fun to trash ..... I'm like ....um no that's my jeep ...lol ...where trashing the Toyota. He's just said ... Oh
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #126
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice XJ man!

2001 XJ, 6" Lift, Long Arms, 35" STTs, 4.88s, Stretched, Shock Hoops, Chromoly'ed Dana 44, Locked HP30, 1-Ton OTK Steering, Frame Stiffeners, Rocker Guards, OR-Fab Bumper, Lights, Flowmaster.
COTM July 2012

Build Thread

1999 MJ: Leveled, 33x10.5 KM2s: SOLD

Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #127
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Nice XJ man!
Thanks man . There's a million more things I would love to do but it's $$ ... So it takes for ever ...lol ...errr ....

As soon as that tax return hits rear bumper and gas skid for sure. I was going to go jcr sliders, but I really want 2x6 rocker replacement.... So I think that's what I'll end up doing, and that's a nice thing to weld a cage to ... Which is coming up soon on my list.
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #128
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ohhhh yea got my tax return.

Dear JCR ... TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Just ordered:

-JCR rear cut and fold bumper with 2" receiver

- Gas tank skid.

This is going to be nice with the rear quarter panels, should all fit nicely together.

And ordered a battery box from ballistic fab .. I really want to go duel battery, but I have to figure out where it will fit, so I'm going to move the battery over as far as I can and hope there is enough room to squeeze one more in.

And ordered some ignition parts so I can start getting the MSD 6a box going, just got cap/rotor/and wires. Later Ill get the coil/ box and pugs and be sparking like crazzzzzzy

And im really stoked for the bumper because once that's on, I can put the MJ tail gate on.
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #129
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Im officially jealous!!! They make beefy 4x4 parts, all I could afford is their nutstrips. Saving up to make a rear wrap around bumper. Cant wait for pictures man!
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #130
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Im officially jealous!!! They make beefy 4x4 parts, all I could afford is their nutstrips. Saving up to make a rear wrap around bumper. Cant wait for pictures man!
LOL you and me both .. I really shouldn't spend the money ... but F#$% it .. I love the jeep, always have ... so ...
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #131
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
LOL you and me both .. I really shouldn't spend the money ... but F#$% it .. I love the jeep, always have ... so ...
Exactly. I know my jeep is happy when I spend lots of money on her. If my Jeep is happy, Im happy.
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #132
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Exactly. I know my jeep is happy when I spend lots of money on here. If my Jeep is happy, Im happy.
Hell yea. Nothing worse than having your jeep jacked up .. I hate that.
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #133
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
ohhhh yea got my tax return.

Dear JCR ... TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Just ordered:

-JCR rear cut and fold bumper with 2" receiver

- Gas tank skid.

This is going to be nice with the rear quarter panels, should all fit nicely together.

And ordered a battery box from ballistic fab .. I really want to go duel battery, but I have to figure out where it will fit, so I'm going to move the battery over as far as I can and hope there is enough room to squeeze one more in.

And ordered some ignition parts so I can start getting the MSD 6a box going, just got cap/rotor/and wires. Later Ill get the coil/ box and pugs and be sparking like crazzzzzzy

And im really stoked for the bumper because once that's on, I can put the MJ tail gate on.
JCR Makes some of the best stuff available for our XJ's...good decision there!
To make room for a second battery, go with a cowell style intake...ditch the factory air box, and go with a cone style filter inside the cowell.
The best side to theis is the passenger side....its protected from the elements (more or less) ....this is the same side as where the heater draws air from. There's a few companies that offer kits, but if you want to fit a second full size battery in an XJ, this is the most viable, and practical option. Your second battery would then (obviously) take the place of where the stock air box is/was.

THOR:

SPECTRE
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #134
alexrule123
What's a c-clip?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ
I'd go with THOR but I am biased.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #135
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Those intakes would free up a lot of room however going over the engine is going to pick up more heat compared to going into the driver side cowl. Also, having a filter in the cowl is going to be loud. If you want that then no problem. Also, the passenger side doesnt get fresh air, it would suck air in from the driver side. You could cut a piece of metal out over the passenger side cowl for fresh air but then water could leak into the cabin air intake. With mine using the stock airbox and using the spectre tube going into the driver side cowl, its not loud, gets direct cold air, and has withstood mud, snow, and rain no problem.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.