98 Green XJ - Daily Driver Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 98 Green XJ - Daily Driver Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #91
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Yes that's a super clean bumper, I like that bumper a lot too. I do like how the jcr bumper is solid though.... I'm not a huge fan of cutout holes and lights in my bumper...I don't really like the jcr lights. Tech changes so fast, having your bumper fit one type of light just makes your bumper look dated as time goes by.

__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #92
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Got some 34 mtr's
image.jpeg   image_1.jpeg   image_6.jpeg  
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #93
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Here's a before and after

Before: 255/70/17 31/32 (stock jk tires)

After: 305/70/17 33/34 MTR Kevlar


I need to go back and redo my fender trim, I did a quick 20 min cut just to clear the tires. It's not bad, but it's not good either. But ok for now.
image-3754019667.jpg   image_2.jpeg  
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #94
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
I like them, the jeep feels way more solid. So far i'm really happy with these tires.
image_3.jpeg  
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #95
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Im jealous dude. My plan is to have the axles built by the time my tyaz wear out then im going to 35" bfg krawlers or mtr/k's
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #96
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Im jealous dude. My plan is to have the axles built by the time my tyaz wear out then im going to 35" bfg krawlers or mtr/k's
That's what I was hoping for too, just ride out my street tires and work on other stuff, then swap tires when I have new axles..... ...BUT I saw 5 mtr's on CL for $500 and 3 of them are brand brand new and two of them have 60-75% wear. .... Not bad for 500. Ill ride them out until the two that are worn need to be replaced and then get two new ones..... So these should last a while.

I really would have rather spent the money on an alternator or msd and finish this motor, but I just couldn't say no
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #97
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1

That's what I was hoping for too, just ride out my street tires and work on other stuff, then swap tires when I have new axles..... ...BUT I saw 5 mtr's on CL for $500 and 3 of them are brand brand new and two of them have 60-75% wear. .... Not bad for 500. Ill ride them out until the two that are worn need to be replaced and then get two new ones..... So these should last a while.

I really would have rather spent the money on an alternator or msd and finish this motor, but I just couldn't say no
Thats a steal! I would have done the same lol
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #98
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Your jeep looks so much better now that it has real tires on it
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #99
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
Your jeep looks so much better now that it has real tires on it
lol Those street tires were the worst! They were almost brand new so I thought I would ride them out and work on other stuff, but this is a good bet
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #100
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
A better pic of the new tires.
image_4.jpeg  
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #101
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Niceeee! I found an arb on craigslist for 200$ i almost bought but decided i wanted something different, looks awesome on yours though.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #102
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Niceeee! I found an arb on craigslist for 200$ i almost bought but decided i wanted something different, looks awesome on yours though.
Really an arb bumper for $200!!! Damn! That's a deal. I got mine of CL for 400 for that and the snorkel but its a knock off I think, but it works.
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #103
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1

Really an arb bumper for $200!!! Damn! That's a deal. I got mine of CL for 400 for that and the snorkel but its a knock off I think, but it works.
Thats what i said! I wanted to buy it just to sell it make cash. lol i was really close to buying a snorkel but all i could picture was riding through a trail and it getting ripped off so i got the spectre cowl instead.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #104
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Thats what i said! I wanted to buy it just to sell it make cash. lol i was really close to buying a snorkel but all i could picture was riding through a trail and it getting ripped off so i got the spectre cowl instead.
They do pretty well on the trails really but if you get one get the airflow( I think that's the name) not the one I got. Do you have a link to that bumper, if your not going to get it, my buddy might grab it.

But you for sure could sell it for around 400
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #105
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1

They do pretty well on the trails really but if you get one get the airflow( I think that's the name) not the one I got. Do you have a link to that bumper, if your not going to get it, my buddy might grab it.

But you for sure could sell it for around 400
Heres his number just txt him and ask if he still has it, +1 (386) 451-5433
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.