98 Cherokee Runs terrible cold but good warm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 98 Cherokee Runs terrible cold but good warm

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 09-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
officialvin

98 Cherokee Runs terrible cold but good warm

Hey. My cherokee runs terrible when i first start it up, it misses and sometimes stalls. it smells like its running very rich also. Once it warms up to 210 it runs pretty much perfect.. I had an issue with it randomly running bad while driving and idling and i replaced the upper o2 sensor and it was fine. about 2 days later this problem started. I have replaced the TPS IACV Air temp sensor in the intake.. Im thinking it may be the ECTS but my temp gauge works fine so im not sure.. also plugs wires cap and rotor are pretty new. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance

officialvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Have you put a scan tool or a code reader on to see if you have any stored codes?
tjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.