Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

96' sport build project

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  dukie564 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy, so this is my progress on the jeep while im home from college for the summer.

And i know how everyone loves pictures so...

how it looked young ... and not so exspensive

CB setup...

How it looked with a little money and bloody knuckles thrown at it... RC 4.5" with AAL

But before we could stop there i had to take a trip to idiotville.... which looks like this....

the rotors and asphalt just wanted to kiss each other is all.

heres the band aid for now... I plan on either making or buying some homemade long arms

and recently i finaly got money for nsme nice meats.

mastercraft 35x12.5xR15's... i originally didnt plan on going that big but i got a great deal on them.

- a week later i bought full packs and got rid of the AAL as it already began to sag

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Decided that with the new tires i would need a trim so tore into the front and rear. Ended up cutting too high on the rears so i had to do some bondo work to get it almost nice again.

- My sway bar link are rubbing against my coils but i think it is because my axel is shifted forward slightly... i plan on making some disconects soon and dropping the sway bar bracket down some.

i thought i had some pics of the jeep as it sits now but io dont i will get them up tom.

to add on...
-added 2 inch pucks up front and longer shackles in rear.... plan on making my own relocation boxes for the shackles as they have a poor angle.

- next its making enough money to get my JY D44 regeared and get that put in. Then i plan on doing the ORO U-turn kit and beefing up the D30.
- Im in the process of welding up a front bumper right now but its a bit more difficult than my rinkydink brush guard.

-Jaz

#4 ·
Thanks i will be much happier once the diffs. get some work

#5 ·
Some ppics of how it sits now.

- got rid of the trim on the sides and painted because it was starting to fall off anyways. AndI figured i would be like everybody else and mount my tires on black soft 8's.... but hey their cheap and they look good.

As you can see it took a little bit of weight to balance the tires....:laugh:

Tires look wierd because they are turned a little.... And that stock steering setup wont be there for too much longer....

Followed FitchVA's writeup to come up with this .... i only use the first few switches as of now but i imagine i will find use for the others soon.....

#6 ·
Got these to finish off the soft 8's

there liberty centers... figured it might make the cragars look a bit diffrent from everone elses

#10 ·
The only plus is that now that you have taken everything apart it will be easier to do when you go bigger:laugh:

#9 ·
Everything has held up pretty well. However, i only did mild offroading nothing too extreme. I really didnt want to break anything. I think if i did anything too hard i would run into breaking axels and for sure bending my tie rod. As for armor i plan on a TC sklid and a gas tank skid, as well as trans. And when i beef of the D30 and put the D44 in im going to armor those up as well. Once i get my long arms together i plan on doing frame stiffeners too, but money is a big factor so that all wont be happening for a little while yet.

#12 ·
Looks like mine only alot nicer... heres a couple pics of mine when i first got it a year ago to how it sits now.

Thats the good side.

heres the bad side

and now it sits like this.

It looks good in this pic cause its dirty but the color doesnt match very well.

#13 ·
yeah same year .... at first i didnt really like the color but it grew on me and i wouldnt have it any other color now.

#15 ·
Rufusing to get left out of the Mod-O-2009 party, i decided to jump on the bandwagon and do the cowl snorkel/ cold intake mod. Just fnished it up today. Tom. i plan on routing all the breather tubes higher. And once i get some extra time throw some axel seals on.

heres the result:

followed SRMITCHELS write up: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727684

im happy with results. I gives me a little better piece or mind than having it stock. Plus, i dont go into deep water very much.

#16 ·
well when i bought the jeep i could drive all day i hot summer heat and never go above 210*. but with it getting a little older i decided it was time for some heat managment so i decided to throw some vents on

got them from the junkyard:
total investment- 4$ for vents
1$ for bolts
i didnt want anyhting too big ... just enough to be functional

they are acctually front grill inserts off of a pontiac grand prix

#17 ·
anybody :(

#18 ·
I'd list it up pretty high, maybe $4000. You can always bargain down, but you can't go up.... Sounds like an awesome Jeep and I'm sorry to hear your sellin it. Good luck!

#20 ·
I will put some up for you. Gotta wait for some light. i like the look. It keeps the jeep feel, but looks a bit more high speed than the stock centers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.