'96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > '96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Closed Thread
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #61
Smith357

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgirvine View Post
You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

Man I dont own a Jeep but I know exactly where you are commin from when it comes this shiz, Ive done a lot of it. This is such an awesome reply I had to sign up just to congratulate you, a mate sent me a link to this at work lol.

Seriously, thrreads like this brighten my day up.

Unread 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #62
SexyYJ88

This is posted on another forum I belong to (SOTSyndicate.com)

To the OP, tell your b/f to sell the Jeep to me and I will fix it. Or maybe he can come over here and I will help him rebuild it
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #63
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, since I caught the link over from reddit, I assume turboing 4cylinder YJs is common practice now?

Just checkin'.
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #64
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhajad View Post
Hey guys, since I caught the link over from reddit, I assume turboing 4cylinder YJs is common practice now?

Just checkin'.
i aint even seen one yet. so im guessing no

besides a good turbo kit for a 4banger is expensive and hard to get. ppl rather have lifts and newer tires.
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #65
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Knipp View Post
i aint even seen one yet. so im guessing no

besides a good turbo kit for a 4banger is expensive and hard to get. ppl rather have lifts and newer tires.
Are you sure? Those 4bangers are pretty **** weak, having a turbo on there would definately kick ***.

Ever see those turboed Civics?
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #66
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, the 1950's called. They want their misogynistic a-holes back.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #67
Bmore30
2007 JK Wrangler 

Saw a link to this on corvetteforum.

Would love to see the OPs response.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #68
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Hey, the 1950's called. They want their misogynistic a-holes back.
Chuck norris called and said you don't deserve a man card.

Unread 01-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #69
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

mkpopcorn: Where you at we want to here your response

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmos111/
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #70
Holder350
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

OP must be long gone....crying in a corner I hope

98' XJ Classic - D30/C8.25 - 4.5" RC Lift - 33x12.50R15 - 4.0 HO - AW4 - NP231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
You can tell the character of a person in how they treat someone who can do nothing for them.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #71
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

I thought this thread had been locked?
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #72
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

theres no way they could lock this thread, the people would riot.
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #73
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Chuck norris called and said you don't deserve a man card.

Yeah, he would have to call and leave me a message. Wuss.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #74
Outatime05

Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #75
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine from work (my boss actually) told me about this thread. He saw it on his Honda CBR forum. So I checked it out last night and I swear it was closed (locked) then. So why is it back open now? I told him there have been WAY better threads on here than this. Other than the first reply, this thread sucks. How the **** did it go global?
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.