Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions

1M views 159 replies 100 participants last post by  Greengc4x4 
#1 ·
So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

#118 ·
Haha so that's why JF was down. Epic.

#124 ·
To anyone coming from outside of JF... This is not us. This is not JF. The real JF helps its members out in any way possible, if you don't believe me, look in the general discussion section for any thread about getting scammed, or anyone hurting another community member in any way. Please don't take this extreme example of ignorance and general asshattery as a preview of the community.

#133 ·
actually obama doesn't have his face on any money ...yet. just the hands so far.
but I'd happily trade a couple of any 1$ coinage common around here for one of those.

#132 ·
Post#142 and the original poster still hasn't replied.

Maybe she took the advice right away, & has been busy making sammiches with greasy thumbprints all over them.:laugh:

#136 ·
so I've heard, but I really don't know her well enough to tell.

be careful, you know as a registered JF user that once you get 10 posts to your name you're part of the 'problem' here. :laugh:

#143 ·
This reminds me of the old days of Jeepforum :woot: I miss those days.

If no one see's the humor they fail at life. FWIW that describes my wife, except she washes her hands to make the sandwiches :rofl:

#144 ·
Outside of the first page, has anyone even answered the OP's question?
Oh, and Welcome Japan!

#145 ·
Sorry

All here a JF, firstly I apologize for the bandwidth consumption. I originally saw the link to this thread on Facebook. It cracked me up because, ladies, like it or not that is what MOST men would find ultimate nirvana. Not that we are demanding it of you or even remotely asking it. Its not reality. It was a joke and a funny post. Lighten up and get off your high horse.

I submitted it to Reddit without thinking it would get this popular. None of my submissions ever do. I was wrong. I should have taken a screen shot and posted that instead of a direct link. Sorry about that. Hopefully the forum is more stable as this type stuff usually dies down quickly.

This seems like a cool forum and I wanted to apologize as I feel I have disrupted your pretty awesome community.

Also, ironically enough, I own a Jeep Commander. Anyone have a used OEM Jeep overhead DVD console?

Again, hopefully your server does not lag anymore and next time I find a awesome post on JF, I will submit a screenshot.

#146 ·
All here a JF, firstly I apologize for the bandwidth consumption. I originally saw the link to this thread on Facebook. It cracked me up because, ladies, like it or not that is what MOST men would find ultimate nirvana. Not that we are demanding it of you or even remotely asking it. Its not reality. It was a joke and a funny post. Lighten up and get off your high horse.

I submitted it to Reddit without thinking it would get this popular. None of my submissions ever do. I was wrong. I should have taken a screen shot and posted that instead of a direct link. Sorry about that. Hopefully the forum is more stable as this type stuff usually dies down quickly.

This seems like a cool forum and I wanted to apologize as I feel I have disrupted your pretty awesome community.

Also, ironically enough, I own a Jeep Commander. Anyone have a used OEM Jeep overhead DVD console?

Again, hopefully your server does not lag anymore and next time I find a awesome post on JF, I will submit a screenshot.
You brought the forum a ton of publicity, and this thread is something for all to see (at least the first post). Look around on the forum for the Commander section. The tech support on this website has saved me ALOT of money.

#149 ·
They are still keeping this in the Tech thread? Man.

You guys, you're post about women in this thread are comical, but I am pretty sure that it doesn't describe 99% of women on JF. We don't care how much money you put into your Jeep because we are doing the same thing. We roll up our sleeves, stay hard at work, and still manage to take care of the house. JF men, when you make a post, please keep the women of JF in mind. While I found the original posting funny, some of the comments afterwards are a bit crude.

#150 ·
I completly agree. IMO th original response was irected to the everyday house wife.. My wife asks me all day long, " can I help you work on the jeep." But after 10 minutes she is saing," I'm bored, I'm going inside." She just isn't into cars/trucks. It's not her thing. This post wa directed to the eveyday house wife who doesn't like to get dirty. My advice to the BF of the OP. Dump her, because now we all will know what kinda gf you have at your place and none of us will want to come over to help you.. LOL JK

#151 ·
"Asshattery" ROFL. I know this thread is slowing down bandwidth but think of the smiles its created across the world. Bob, you're a funny guy. I have to admit that previous to this thread I thought the only thing funny about the British were their teeth.
This forum has been a great source of info for me for years. I've often searched through and found what I needed. I admit that I've only posted a few times and never helped anyone out and maybe its time I gave back. Hopefully many of the people who have jeeps and come across this board will join and the guys who are inconvienienced now will have members to work with as a result.
Has anyone checked to IP of the OP to see if matches with any members and where has the first responder been?
Asshattery - I'll have to use that one.

#154 ·
This thread makes me sad to have sold my XJ. Now I'm stuck driving in the snow in my Trans Am.

Oh well.

#155 ·
deleted all my nonsense in the begining of the thread, man i was in a foul mood that day

#158 ·
wow, I just came across this thread from franksemails.com. This thread has gone viral!!

I agree with the second poster. And besides, HE should be asking the questions. Maybe he is like the rest of us on JF, we love our Jeeps!! And you just dont see it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.