96 cherokee sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 96 cherokee sport

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
pointdexter-xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

96 cherokee sport

Hay guys

So i own a 96 cherokee sport my 1st jeep evere and wow what a beast it is i love it the shape the performance its perfect!

So i havent had much problems with it other then a split lower radiator hose that i had to rrplace but now i notice it needs a good flush but cant find the drain tap Can anyone help?? And would it be easyer and cheaper in the long run just to replace the radiator. By the way my xj is right hand drive as im from nz

pointdexter-xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointdexter-xj View Post
Hay guys

So i own a 96 cherokee sport my 1st jeep evere and wow what a beast it is i love it the shape the performance its perfect!

So i havent had much problems with it other then a split lower radiator hose that i had to rrplace but now i notice it needs a good flush but cant find the drain tap Can anyone help?? And would it be easyer and cheaper in the long run just to replace the radiator. By the way my xj is right hand drive as im from nz
Give this a read: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/?p=2308
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I highly suggest you drop the lower radiator hose to drain the coolant. The petcock to drain from the radiator on the XJs is woefully under-designed and has a history of breaking. I won't use them.

Just be careful when you drop the hose as it will come out swiftly. Wear eye protection and have a big drain pan!
tjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
pointdexter-xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

@00xjmikey

Thanks alot mate that link was awesone explain everything perfect. Just what i was looking for thats a big help

Cheers mate
Jeeplife
pointdexter-xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.