96 Cherokee Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 96 Cherokee Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
aasalg16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

96 Cherokee Help

I recently purchased my first vehicle: 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I love it. However, customizing is my addiction. What aftermarket parts can I add on for a couple thousand dollars that will boost cosmetics/performance? Thanks for the help!

aasalg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Pick your poison..... There are plenty of upgrades available, all depends on what you want to achieve as your end product.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
jonsnw93
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Neon injectors are a good upgrade
jonsnw93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Search button is your best friend. But, IF you need a starting point, perform ALL the maintenance first. Check everything, from axles to roof rack. That is where you need to start first.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Search button is your best friend. But, IF you need a starting point, perform ALL the maintenance first. Check everything, from axles to roof rack. That is where you need to start first.
This. Everyone is always super eager to start modifying, but I guarantee you have a long list of maintenance to do because most "normal" people don't maintain vehicles like they should. Once you've got the "boring" stuff out of the way, Google will tell you everything else you need to know since it's all be covered about a gazillion times already. I'm 2 yrs into my XJ, and I'm still maintaining and restoring aspects of it and have only "modded" very minor areas. It will probably be at least another year or two before I can really start thinking about buying toys for it with my budget.
Wheels wanted to buy:
4 or 5 Turbines, old XJ 5-slot,
KJ 17x7.5 6-spoke, or KJ 16x7 5-spoke alloy

Paying ~$50 per wheel--Classified ad HERE
Have 4 (oxidized) Lace and 5 Eccos for potential trade
Biologist
Dog trainer
Mountain biker
Gamer
Jeep owner
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.