95 XJ Stalling - Have done most of what everyone is asking for out here! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 95 XJ Stalling - Have done most of what everyone is asking for out here!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
ntk4
1998 XJ Cherokee 

95 XJ Stalling - Have done most of what everyone is asking for out here!

Okay, I know there are about 1000 posts out here detailing stalling issues in older Cherokee's. I've read about 100 of them, and here's what I've done so far, need to find out what's next?

1. Car died on the freeway couple of weeks ago. Crank sensor was going south, didnt know at the time, but the car also blew the CPU 30A fuse.
2. Mechanic went through all the grounds on the car, and could not find a problem. He found a few wires that looked a bit cooked at some point and taped them and made sure they were seperated. All of those wires were in the harness on top of the intake manifold. It ran fine for a week. or so.
3. After a week, intermittent stalling, eventually no start. Crank sensor replaced. Started right up, but stalls intermittently now. Always restarts.
4. Cleaned Throttle body
5. Cleaned and checked plugs
6. Checked rotor and cap
7. Changed around the relays to both the fuel pump and auto shut off
8. Checked all fuses - they are okay
9. Fuel pump and filter are fairly new, about 4 months old.
10. SPark is nice and blue

What do I do next? Based on the posts I've read, I'm at a stopping point.

Thanks in advance for all who post.

ntk4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crank position sensor , stalling

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.