95 XJ Stalling - Have done most of what everyone is asking for out here!
Okay, I know there are about 1000 posts out here detailing stalling issues in older Cherokee's. I've read about 100 of them, and here's what I've done so far, need to find out what's next?
1. Car died on the freeway couple of weeks ago. Crank sensor was going south, didnt know at the time, but the car also blew the CPU 30A fuse.
2. Mechanic went through all the grounds on the car, and could not find a problem. He found a few wires that looked a bit cooked at some point and taped them and made sure they were seperated. All of those wires were in the harness on top of the intake manifold. It ran fine for a week. or so.
3. After a week, intermittent stalling, eventually no start. Crank sensor replaced. Started right up, but stalls intermittently now. Always restarts.
4. Cleaned Throttle body
5. Cleaned and checked plugs
6. Checked rotor and cap
7. Changed around the relays to both the fuel pump and auto shut off
8. Checked all fuses - they are okay
9. Fuel pump and filter are fairly new, about 4 months old.
10. SPark is nice and blue
What do I do next? Based on the posts I've read, I'm at a stopping point.
Thanks in advance for all who post.