95 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 95 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Issues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Otep7734

95 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Issues

First off, This is my 1st post so I'll Squeeze in some introductions

I'm Will, Recently returned from Afghanistan via the US Army. While I was away my dad bought a ford (BOO!) so in return I got a semi-Free Jeep. The Exhaust Manifold was cracked and the O2 Sensor was fried so in return to buying and fixing that, I received a free beat up jeep.

However, being in the Army, I had some pay issues overseas so I'm playing catch up with finances and still working on my jeep when I can afford it (time and money)

Current Issues:
Timing feels/Sounds off (Advanced a few degrees?) my NOX where high and it sounds like it is off....

AC Fan is shorting out (If i turn on the AC at all, it runs like a champ for 3 minutes or so and then abruptly the Jeep dies...)
-Planning on getting a junk yard one that dose not smell like burnt resin when I get a chance, or a bran-spanking new one if i get the cash.

Driver's Side Front Door the top hinge is free floating. It looks like it was welded at one point (Poorly at that) but since then broke free.
-planning on Re-welding it until i get a more permanent fix lined up.

Power Steering leaks from the actual gear box (the one with the worm gear)
-Currently adding Power Steering Stop-Leak Fluid (Cant afford a new box at the moment)

Trans leaks from what I suspect is a slight tear in the rear seal
-Currently adding Lucas Trans Stop Leak fluid due to lack of funding and time constraints....

So any Sugestions tips or tricks you guys/gals know? or even the "you got a crappy jeep comment".

Last edited by Otep7734; 07-02-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Otep7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

For free that's damn good deal get some pics up
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Otep7734

I'll Post some pictures of it in the morning; along with a few WTF things I've noticed
Otep7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Every vehicle will have its problems, mine had rotten m&ms with bugs all over them under the carpet, and my previous owner "fixed" the trim on the driver side door. His fix was a dry wall screw:/
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.