94 XJ Keyless entry - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 94 XJ Keyless entry

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

94 XJ Keyless entry

How can you tell or find out if a 94 XJ had remote keyless entry from the factory? and if it did where can I get a key fob?

Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
M35A2
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Usually there is what looks like a chainsaw priming bulb centered in the roof at the windshield end of the truck. Fobs are on e-pay for like 50.00. My local jy guy says he sells them to a local locksmith, but he has yet to tell me who it is.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thats what I thought that was for. now all I have to do is find a key fob. does anyone have any directions on how to program it?
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
erobinson923
1991 MJ Comanche 

i think you have to take it to the dealer. there are several do it yourself ways on the internet but not a single one worked for me. cost me about $40 to have it done
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
M35A2
1995 XJ Cherokee 

IIRC, the '92-'95 fobs are programmable by the end user, '96 and later need to go to a locksmit or stealer to be programmed.If you find a good working one, lemme know where you get it!
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I recommend you just get an aftermarket radio keyless system because the IR systems in our 96 and earlier XJs really sucks (have to be very close an in line of sight of the sensor on the ceiling), and the circuitry in the fob breaks very easily. Mine had the factory IR keyless, and I'm planning to just wire the aftermarket system up right where that IR sensor is and maybe use it as a place to mount a switch if I ever get roof lights.

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I agree I think I will add an aftermarket one. Hey does anyone have a schematic of the overhead keyless entry ie where I can tie into?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.