Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

93 jeep cherokee sport bucking hard starting missing

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tjwalker 
#1 ·
i just got a 93 cherokee and most of the time it will not start unless you floor it then it will go, while driving not at any particular speed or temp it misses/bucks somtimes are worse than others. it feels like it is dropping a cylinder or two, i put in new plugs, wires, cap and rotor that needed to be done anyway but my question is the fuel pressure regulator had a bad connection/leak that i noticed because of fuel dripping from it, i put new vacuum connection on it. so is the regulator bad i because it is leaking fuel to the vacuum side of it, or are there any other issues that i should look into before spending 70 on a regulator
thanks in advance for the help

#2 ·
You could do some fuel delivery testing to try to verify all of that if you have a factory service manual. If your fuel system checks out and you have in-spec pressures both running and not running, test your throttle position sensor.

#4 ·
i have replaced the regulator and now it starts great but still looses a cyliner or two while driving, when i come to a stop light after sitting for a min it picks it back up and then off again when i go
i am putting in a new fuel filter to see if that helps

any other thought would be apreciated

if anyone knows the fuel pressure specs that would be helpful too

thanks

#5 ·
So you had a combination of problems which always complicates things a bit. Testing of both fuel pressure AND your throttle position sensor seem like a reasonable strategy moving forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.