93 Jeep Cherokee No Crank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 93 Jeep Cherokee No Crank

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
romomrk
1993 XJ Cherokee 

93 Jeep Cherokee No Crank

She died electrically one day on me, First I replaced the battery which was due to be replaced, with the fresh battery she lasted about 6 hours and then left me stranded. After getting her back to my house apon crank I could only hear the fuel pump and the starter winding, so I directed my attention to the alternator. After replacing the alternator the engine would turn over almost completely without catching on. This period drove me mad replacing spark plugs fuel filter distributor rotor, but now nothing when I crank the only thing that chimes is the fuel pump I took the started off and had her tested which came back positive. Is it possible that I killed the ignition switch, and if so what would you direct as the culprit for the lack of a start.

Last edited by romomrk; 10-28-2013 at 11:44 AM..
romomrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to XJ Forum.

The forum you posted in (JeepForum Announcements & Comments) is for quesitons about and help with the forum.

Welcome to the forum.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.