92 sport - 2dr build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 92 sport - 2dr build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #46
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

yeah - good point. Been doing some research recently on that stuff as a matter-o-fact. Thinking for cost wise to do the v8 GC tierod at least. The trip in April may be the last one for a few months so I can get some more stuff done for strength / reliability.

thanks for all the comments

92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #47
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Unread 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #48
Starboard M

Sweet Jesus that bumper is huge and ugly!
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #49
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Unread 04-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #50
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Doors look good.

Any reason passenger side has outside door handle and drivers side does not?
Unread 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #51
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

that is an awesome rig!!!

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #52
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettajeep View Post
Doors look good.

Any reason passenger side has outside door handle and drivers side does not?

The driver's side didn't come with one, but I kept the passenger intact incase I ever get ambitious to put a driver's side on......

Thanks for all the comments - mods will be slowing down now though cause the wife made me buy a new atv a few weeks back.
Unread 04-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #53
snakester14

Sick build man, that power wagon is so nasty Is it a 6 speed?
snakester14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #54
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

naw the PW is an auto. Hopefully someday getting a BDS long arm lift for it.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #55
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well survived another wheeling trip, but some of the "little" problems I have ignored are starting to grow. I think thee old 4.0 is starting to show its age and abuse. Oil pressure once warm is hovering in VERY low land, and now the cooling system is leaking. For some reason the PO but a closed loop radiator in place of an open loop, but that was it. They didn't add the reservoir for checking level and adding fluid. So going to get a new open loop radiator and change out the hoses. Not sure if my temp gauge is working - cause my engine temps never get 180 or above, but it does move down. Anywho - its still alive so I'll probably keep on truckin till it dies. Have been slowing looking for a spare lower mileage motor to swap in, if and when this one dies. Also need to tear into this front axle and find out what is making all the clunks and pops. Rear pinion seal got in a fight with a rock too this past weekend, along with my winch roller.

Even got the wife to drive for a few minutes. And too boot she broke one of the door pins on the passenger side so she had to duke's a hazard it throw the window for one day.

Unread 04-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #56
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

all the problems you found aside, how was the wheeling? Did it perform as expected? Looks like you had a blast!
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #57
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

yeah overall it performed as expected - front locker is definetly high on the list, along with better steering / track bar. Many of the other problems where items I was too lazy to fix at the time - some came about this past weekend. The cooling system is top priority for now so I feel comfortable its not overheating. I have also debated about ditching the stock dash and getting a few essential water proof gauges so I can clean the interior easier. What really shocked me was the drivers side floor boards hold water. I always assumed it would leak somewhere after all the patching I did, but when you actually want something to leak it won't - lol.
Unread 04-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #58
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

4 or 5 point harness are another must too. A few places I would have tried a little more, but don't have much faith in the stock seatbelt for keeping me in place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.