91 jeep cherokee versus 92 jeep cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 91 jeep cherokee versus 92 jeep cherokee

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
rooneysin

91 jeep cherokee versus 92 jeep cherokee

Let me first start off by saying that if this is the incorrect thread for this post, I am sorry and bear with me. I was never too good at navigating this sorts of sites. You can forward me to the correct spot, or just tell me off if you wish, It won't hurt my feelings.

A month ago I purchase a jeep Cherokee from a tow lot for 500 dollars. Thing runs great, had to replace the starter and neutral safety switch, but the damn car is like a dream, and for 500 bucks and eighteen year old on his own can't do too much better. Now I am talking to a man that has had a jeep sitting in front of his house for a good six months for a possible parts car. I may just make the 92 my normal car, it's a manual transmission with 4x4 as opposed to my current automatic 2 wheel drive. The front end on the 92 looks smashed in, but I think they may have just of taken the grill off. Are there any major differences between the two varieties of the car? As far as parts for the two go, or anything else that should put me back from buying the second vehicle.

rooneysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

That would make a great parts car.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
rooneysin

I figured as much. Depending on the price though. I don't wanna spend 500 on a running car and put out 600 hundred on a parts one.
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Offer him $200 if it's not running...$300 if it is.
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Motor swap? What's wrong on the '92? I'd swap all that's good from the 2wd auto onto the 4x4 manny tranny.

edit: so you can play with its stick
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
rooneysin

So, I've been talking with this guys kid, been to the house three times, and I'm the only one that has been persistent apparently. It sounds like one of those "I got the parts but not the time" deals that I'm sure we all run into once in a while.

And Luke, I ain't an amazing mechanic, but I got two good friends that are and I can work my way around a car with a wrench and a manual, so if I get my hands on this jeep I will probably end up using the 92 as the parts car. Only thing really wrong with it is that the damn oil light doesn't go off and some cosmetic things.
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #7
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

For crying out loud ... Stop Calling It a CAR!!!

... ugh ...
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.