90 XJ Limited, Few Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 90 XJ Limited, Few Questions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
LukeD

90 XJ Limited, Few Questions

I just aquired a 90 Limited that has been sitting for about 8 months. After reading threads about poor idle and hard start I think I can solve the problem by cleaning the TB and IAC. However I now have a starter problem that I need some help on.

Earlier today I put a battery in it, it started up, porrly but started. It had a flat tire so I left where the jeep was and put a used tire ont he rim. I came back about 4 hours later and when i turn the key it won't crank, click, nothing. I found where the starter solenoid wire runs to and I think it is the problem because if I pull the wire off "the box" and touch it to the battery it turns over fine and starts. My problem is, is that I don't know what "the box" is. It is some sort of relay that one of the + battery wires runs to. It is on the passenger side just in front of the relay board. It has about 8-10 other wires running to it. I know what purpose it serves but I have no idea what it is called. I am going to buy a new on in the morning and go replace it if I knwo what to buy.

My only other question is, in order to clean the TB do I need to remove the TB from the intake or can I just remove the air cleaner hose and clean it fromt he top and if so can I clean the IAC also?

Thank you and glad to be a part of one of the most trafficed forums I could find

Luke Draper
Fresno, California

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Cant help you with the starter issue, but if the throttle body is really nasty, take it off and give it a thourough cleaning with sensor safe throttle body cleaner.. NOT carb cleaner, it will blow the sensors. Welcome aboard, to the best Jeep forum ever.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.