89 jeep cherokee factory audio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 89 jeep cherokee factory audio

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
mud-dog27

89 jeep cherokee factory audio

aarrgh i hate not having search......but onto my question.....what would the factory amp be (brand...watts etc) in an 89 jeep xj limited and where would it be thanks

89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 02:48 AM   #2
red handed

I believe that the amp is part of the tape deck on an 89. The reason I say this is that when I put in my new deck I didn't have any problems using a standar deck with just a wire harness. If it had a separate amp like my brother in-laws explorer it would reqired bypassing the amp to avoid distorsion. Are you experiancing adio problems with the adio quality?....your post says you already have a newer deck.
red handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
mylt1

yeah, not many car makers were useing seprate amps for there radios in 89. all you have is the amp that is built into the deck.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
albundy
2007 JK Wrangler 

My 89 had a jenson (sp?) Deck and Speakers. No Amp.
albundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #5
mud-dog27

no i was just askin cause as of rigth now ive got a clarion deck and my front speakers are soon to be replaced and ill be installing an amp that i can get from a buddy and was just curious
89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.