85 XJ 2.5l Fuel Issue??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 85 XJ 2.5l Fuel Issue???

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Canter
1985 XJ Cherokee 

85 XJ 2.5l Fuel Issue???

Greetings to all. This is my first post but not first time here. I have gathered a great deal of info, insights, and procedures from all who attend in the build of my jeep.

I am trying to get the jeep to idle without success. I have a referbed carter carb from national carb. i have spent the time to get all the vacuum lines in the right place and well as all the componants for the carb (solv vac, wide open throttle sensor) I have spent time to gather all the parts to make it as close to stock as possible.

it will start with the turn of the key, run up to about 2000 RPSm. If i keep a little throttle it will run very smoothly but when i let off the fuel it will slow down towards idle and will run down to zero RPMs.

I think it might be the fuel pump not providing enough fuel at idle, but i am not to sure.

Anyone with information on how to help me approach this issue i will be very great full.

Canter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.