6cyl tach conversion to 4cyl???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 6cyl tach conversion to 4cyl????

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2002, 08:24 PM   #1
old_man

6cyl tach conversion to 4cyl????

I have a 2.5L in my XJ that I have done a lot of work on and love how it runs, but it came with idiot lights. I am interested in converting the instrument cluster to guages. I got a good cluster, but it is for a 6cyl which means the tach will not read correctly.

I either need a different cluster or to find out how to modify the electronics on the back of the tach to make it work on a 4cyl. Does anyone out there have a schematic for the tach on an XJ or have any experience modifying an XJ tach. I am an electrical engineer, but I don't feel like tracing out the schematic, especially when the chips aren't labeled.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.