600 Dollars budget for lift kit - What to get? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 600 Dollars budget for lift kit - What to get?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
gutiaqp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

So after reading more than 1 month, searching everywhere english/spanish Jeep, Xj off road forums
Finally make my mind and order a Zone Offroad 4.5
I know it will involve more budget at the end but that way i will not have to say to me why i did not get the 4.5" instead the 3"
I will create a post for the build, i will continue PB blasting and star replacing the freaking bolt from the rear shock 2 of them a re gone, so now i have to fish now ones.

Thank you all for your opinions and time for reading my almost good spelled english, lol

Cheers

gutiaqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutiaqp View Post
So after reading more than 1 month, searching everywhere english/spanish Jeep, Xj off road forums
Finally make my mind and order a Zone Offroad 4.5
I know it will involve more budget at the end but that way i will not have to say to me why i did not get the 4.5" instead the 3"
I will create a post for the build, i will continue PB blasting and star replacing the freaking bolt from the rear shock 2 of them a re gone, so now i have to fish now ones.

Thank you all for your opinions and time for reading my almost good spelled english, lol

Cheers
if you have access or know someone with a air chisel, you can pop out the old upper shock mount nuts in a matter of about a minute for all 4

replace with some 5/16" 1 1/4" length bolts.
get a piece of thin wire (mechanics wire etc) , go through the shock mount hole first, then bring it out the center of the crossmember, wrap the wire around the threads of new bolt with bolt head pointing towards the ground. pull wire so it goes back towards shock mount hole. bolt goes right into hole easiest way to do it for sure.
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

with your budget I would look into piecing together a kit, 90% of the time you can build your own lift with quality components cheaper then buying the pre packaged kit.

RE superride is right in your price range, Zone makes decent stuff, I would avoid Rusty's I've personally had bad issues with rustys products on 2 different Jeeps .
I am not fond of RC springs either

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.