4 point harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4 point harness

This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 07-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
MLTXJ9889
1992 XJ Cherokee 

4 point harness

Anyone ever get a universal 4 point harness to replace the factory seat belts?
They have so pretty cheap ones on ebay haha

MLTXJ9889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
gijazbo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i would advise against it..... number one a four point harness is much less convenient than a normal belt.... with a harness you cant just lean forward to adjust the radio or pick up something you dropped. they do a very good job of "harnessing" you in one spot. the second it that most 4 point harnesses to work properly need to be atached to a roll bar so the shoulder restraints are in the proper place... they do make floor mount harnesses but then they would fall down the sides of your seat. Also, each passenger would then have to adjust their harness each time a new sized person got in(that is for them to work properly) Finaly, many harnesses are not DOT approved.... i know that one of the stipulation is they must have a quick release button or something to that accord. Yes, they do look cool but for everyday use they are rather impractical. you could keep you stock belts and put some in for show off time... but other than that imo i would say pass unless you do some hardcore offroading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
After reading 7-8 of your posts I've come to the conclusion that you may be mentally retarded, which is why I won't ask what "brain guts" are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb0217;
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
My build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...29/index2.html
gijazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
MLTXJ9889
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have had to deal with the 4 points falling off the seat and having to adjust it in my friend willys before it is kinda a pain. I am just gonna save my money for more practical things haha
MLTXJ9889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.