4-dr 95 XJ driver window replacement, plastic washers from hell? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4-dr 95 XJ driver window replacement, plastic washers from hell?

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
pnoozi
1995 XJ Cherokee 

4-dr 95 XJ driver window replacement, plastic washers from hell?

I drive a 4-door 95 XJ with manual crank windows.

A week ago I accidentally shattered my driver's side front window (not the vent window). I picked up a replacement window from a parts dealer.

I cannot for my life figure out how to remove the white plastic round washer looking piece from the rod that goes through the hole in the bottom of the glass to secure the window. I tried turning the torx head with a torx screwdriver, which loosened it up a tiny bit, but it won't loosen any more.

Right now the window is installed "good enough" (resting on top of the piece instead of having the thing go through it, which lets me crank the window up but not down) but this week I'd like to dive back in and install it the right way.

Anyone know what to do? Maybe I should just rage and break the plastic off...

pnoozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
yepits2wd
2000 XJ Cherokee 

pics would be nice.
yepits2wd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.