4.5 rough country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4.5 rough country

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-31-2002, 01:58 PM   #1
Retardriot

4.5 rough country

anyone have or know good/bad on the rough country 4.5inch lift with either rear add a leafs or read leaf springs?

Retardriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2002, 02:37 PM   #2
JCSXJ

i heard they sag pretty bad, but were good for light offroading and stuff
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L I6. 3.5" Rubicon Express Superflex lift. Quick Disconnects, BDS steering stablizer. 31x10.5 BFG MT KMs on 15x8 Black Rockcrawlers. Flowmaster Exhaust, Surco Safari Rack, Smittybilt bumper thumper with IPF 960 driving lights, no rear sway bar, Big Daddy Offroad Monter Tie Rod, Rubicon Express Adjustable UCAs and RE Heavy Duty Trackbar w/ HD Bracket.
JCSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #3
Retardriot

sag?, what do you mean
Retardriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2002, 10:59 PM   #4
JCSXJ

Well like it says that its a 4.5 inch lift but over a real short time it sags below that, to where you may have 3-3.5 inches of lift

all AAL's tend to sag in time, i just heard that RC sags quickly
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L I6. 3.5" Rubicon Express Superflex lift. Quick Disconnects, BDS steering stablizer. 31x10.5 BFG MT KMs on 15x8 Black Rockcrawlers. Flowmaster Exhaust, Surco Safari Rack, Smittybilt bumper thumper with IPF 960 driving lights, no rear sway bar, Big Daddy Offroad Monter Tie Rod, Rubicon Express Adjustable UCAs and RE Heavy Duty Trackbar w/ HD Bracket.
JCSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2002, 06:39 AM   #5
ddoffroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I Have a 3" Rough County. I never heard anything about saging, but mine still sits a little above 3". It performs well offroad it was just real hard to put in. I'd say one of the most dificult. If you plan on doing it yourself be sure to have someone with you that has installed a lift before. Oh and with a 4.5" you will probably get a new leaf pack for the rear and HUGE front springs!

Down & Dirty Offroad: http://ddoffroad.com/
My XJ site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488225/
My Old XJ Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058746
ddoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.