4.5" RC leafs to 4.5" Rusty's... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4.5" RC leafs to 4.5" Rusty's...

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 07-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
LightningFAST
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4.5" RC leafs to 4.5" Rusty's...

Hey guys. I bought my Cherokee with a full 4.5" RC lift kit. Rear has been sagging to the right side for some time now. Installing 4.5" Rusty's leafs now. Rusty's uses 6 leafs compared to RC's 5. Jeep has pinion angle shims. I'm assuming I should re-install the pinion angle shims, correct?

Jeep also has 1.75" coil spacers and lift shackles. Thanks and happy 4th everyone!

LightningFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
MOBBiN
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yes reinstall the shims
MOBBiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
LightningFAST
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for your reply. I literally just put the Jeep back on the ground now. Pinion angle is not horrible looking with my eyes but I am going to measure it and see what I need. The shims were mated to the RC leafs and one broke into pieces, plus it wouldn't fit around the alignment pin on the Rusty's leafs...so I'll order new ones tomorrow...now I want to see if this sag is gone!!
LightningFAST is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.