4.5 lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4.5 lift question

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
jcrowe
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4.5 lift question

This has probably been asked and I tried to search it but I couldn't really find the answer I wanted. I want to buy a kit to lift my 98 cherokee 4.5 that comes with everything I need. Except for the bolt I will prolly break. Lol. What is the best bang for my buck.

jcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The only thing you're going to recieve is opinions.

There are always going to be rough country fans, iron rock offroad fans, Clayton fans, OME fans, etc etc.

I went with a Rough Country 4.5" lift kit and I'm more than content. People will probably bash it and point out what's wrong with it, but I'm ready for that.

I'd say do your research and don't impulse buy anything.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Opinions... we ALL got 'em
The X series that Rough country sells has basically everything but the kitchen sink, er..., SYE!
Rubicon's kit looks to be well outfitted as well...
To help you with the research, try this web site:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...e-xj/index.htm
They have kits from most of the manufacturers.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
The only thing you're going to recieve is opinions.

There are always going to be rough country fans, iron rock offroad fans, Clayton fans, OME fans, etc etc.

I went with a Rough Country 4.5" lift kit and I'm more than content. People will probably bash it and point out what's wrong with it, but I'm ready for that.

I'd say do your research and don't impulse buy anything.
Rough Country sucks and you suck to!! Ha jk but I totally agree. I got the zone offroading 4.5 kit, but it didn't have everything. I still needed a track bar and steering stabilizer.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
Rough Country sucks and you suck to!! Ha jk but I totally agree. I got the zone offroading 4.5 kit, but it didn't have everything. I still needed a track bar and steering stabilizer.
Oh listen to you! You bought a who lift kit?? GARBAGE! Haha.

Seriously OP, search is your friend. Although it will probably drive you crazy as well because there is no definite answer.

Example; The Iron Rock Offroad Double Shear Track Bar is one of the best on the market right now. You can't even compare it to the Rough Country track bar.

Some things are actually better, and well, some are just opinionated.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There is no such thing as a complete lift kit. There will always be something that you will need or something to upgrade. Best advice is to do your research and start simple, then build from there.
DriverX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.